With a treatment plan that requires replacing multiple missing or damaged teeth, Dr. Mohamed may suggest an implant-supported bridge or denture. Depending on the number of teeth being replaced, an implant supported bridge is a great option that does not rely on healthy adjacent teeth for support.
If you have full tooth loss, Dr. Mohamed will place implant posts into the upper or lower jawbone to act as tooth roots. When these posts fuse with your jawbone, he will attach an implant-supported denture.
Dr. Mohamed expertise includes:
- Dental implant single tooth replacement
- Dental implant-supported dentures
- Dental implant supported-bridges and prosthetics
- All-on-4 is a full arch of beautiful restoration teeth stabilized with four dental implants
- Overdentures that rely on implant posts that are removable for easy cleaning and snap onto the implants for optimal stability
Patients who are missing most or all of their teeth are usually excellent candidates for overdentures. However, there is a certain amount of jawbone that is required for an overdenture. In order for a dental implant to be successful long-term, it must be completely surrounded with bone. Therefore, patients who have suffered extensive bone atrophy may not qualify for this type of teeth replacement option.